Thursday, April 25, 2013

Onion soup on Anzac Day

We've had a few seasons in one day here today. By late morning heavy rain showers swept in, which put a stop to the gardening. A quick harvest of Carol's beaut shallots & leeks, our sage, lots of sliced brown & red onions, garlic and eschallots soon became a delicious onion soup–topped with hearty bread with melted cheddar cheese and a garnish of more sage leaves. Delicious!!

I can't take the credit for this inspired dish though - it's Jamie's and its superb, even if there was a lot of tears in the making, its definitely worth it and good to do before the sage dies down for winter.

3 comments:

  1. Aww I commented on the wrong one!! Look at the post below! xx Merran

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fantastic looking meal! The soup weather is settling in, I think I'll have to give onion soup a go. Can I steal some sage??

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmm is anyone else having problems with the images on this blog loading?
    I'm trying to determine if its a problem on my end or if it's the blog.

    Any responses would be greatly appreciated.

    Check out my page ... natural weight loss supplements

    ReplyDelete